I've got a iMac 500 DV ES so no soundcard with digital input for me. So I
decided to make an analog recording of "The Corrs unplugged". I played the CD
on a Discman, i put an analog cable on the LINE OUT, plugged it to the analog
input of my brand new Sony MDS-JE 530 (great MD deck) and started the recording
process. Of course, cause it's a live concert, there was no gap between songs (
you can hear the band and the audience) and that's WHAT I wanted (digital
recording refused me this possibility).
Thanks to the possibility to set the analog recording level, I've been able to
lower a little the sound level to fit my ears sensibility (Andrea is a small
woman but her voice is quite powerful sometimes).
Of course, I had a 64 minutes long track so I used my  Sharp 722 to divide it.
And you know what? This analog recording is excellent, as clear as if it was
made with optical cable. Every day, I don't tire to listen "Little wing" on the
little speakers plugged to the PHONES plug of my MD deck.
Moreover, if someone needs a copy of this album, I can make it with digital
output of my deck cause the master MD hasn't "SCMS-final" status.

Matt Wall a *crit :