Commun wrote:

> The auto track-mark feature avalaible on digital connections is very useful
> but there's a drawback sometimes. I bought the CD "The Corrs MTV Unplugged"
> and I decided to make a copy  of it on MiniDisc. The first copy was digital.
> Nothing to say on sound quality but there was something unpleasant: due to
> the auto track-mark function: the songs ended abruptely.

I'm not 100% what you are referring to.   There shouldn't be any missing
information, just breaks that might split up a song.  If that is the case, as
long as they are at least a few seconds long, you can edit out the marks to
combine the tracks.

> This was all the more unpleasant that this album is a live album so you hear
> the band and the audience between the songs. So I erased this copy and
> decided to make an analog copy with my Sony deck MDS-JE530.
> Thanks to ATRAC-R and the ability to set line input level, this copy is as
> good as the CD and maybe more pleasant to listen than the first (digital)
> copy whose sound level was a bit too high for me.

Just like the "flat" setting, the auto level settings should reproduce an MD
which has the same exact levels as the original CD.  It shouldn't cause
overloading.  If the levels are too high, then use your volume control.  But on
my non scientific A/B testing, I have found that the level of the original CD
and the digital Md copy sound equal.

Larry