James Jarvie wrote:
 I always have to
> boost the hight frequencies on my amp (or head unit)
> when I use the MT-15.

I don't think that it has anything to do with either's ATRACs.  It is
impossible to play a Sharp portable without it influencing the "color"
of the sound because it does not have a separate line out.

I think that as much as I like Sharp products overall (with the
exception of the batch of defective 701/2s), not using a separate line
out and "forcing" you to share the headphone out jack is a possible
negative.

I think that the output question with regard to how it sounds compared
to a Sony has to do with the equalization we are "forced" to put the
signal through.

Larry