* las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Tue, 14 Nov 2000
| I think that you may have missed my point.  The fact that it can match
| impedance is not the important factor in this thread.  The fact that every
| signal that comes out of a Sharp portable is "processed" rather than "flat"
| do to the lack of a true line out is the point that I am trying to make.

Your point is incorrect.  The processing you are complaining about is cut
out of the circuit when the impedance on the jack goes high and volume is
set to maximum.  What is left most certainly is a true line out.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Warning: pregnant women, the elderly, and
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ children under 10 should avoid prolonged