[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have always used cotton buts to clean tape heads and old CD units
> but if you are using a MD deck how to you clean the lens????

A tape head comes in contact with the tape and some of the ferrous
coating gets rubbed off the tape onto the head.  Also, the tape itself
can get touched with dirty, sweaty, peanut butter  and jelly fingers
because it isn't covered when the tape cassette is out of the machine.
Those are some of the reasons you need to clean a tape head.

They don't usually apply to a minidisc because the MD has a cover over
the media and the head shouln't be touching the disc.  The only thing
that might get in there is some lint from your pocket.

I say don't clean it unless it doesn't work right.  Leave the lens
cleaners on the shelf at the store.  IMHO of course.
--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways