I have the Sennheiser 580's and they are very nice sounding headphones.
I have no headphone amplifier and they're a bit too big for using with a
portable MD player, although I have occassionally. Mostly, I have them
hooked up to my DVD/CD Player and my MiniDisc deck. I often use them as
a sort of monitor speaker while recording music to minidisc I've already
listened to while watching TV, websurfing or something else at the same
time. They've turned out to be really nice for that purpose.
I have a pair of B & O's as well, and the foam is very short lived and
the headphones themselves are made like crap. The sound is nothing
special, but not horrible, either. I doubt very much I will ever buy
another B & O product as long as I live-the headphones being the first
and only one.