Tim Pitman posted:
>I've just purchased a Sony MZR-900 and would like to buy some better
>earphones for it.  I'd really like some that are comfortable, and with
>good sound.

And Mike Lastucka replied:
> I picked up a pair of Sony MDR-EX70SLs, those "nude ex" ones.  They're

> amazing.  The things fit right into the ear canal (obviously you want
> watch your volume here!), so they're very comfortable and you barely
notice
> them after about 30 seconds of wearing.  The sound these things put
out is
> incredible, with brainshaking bass, and excellent high ends.

My MZ-R700's pack-in headphones were better than I'd expected, but I
decided to get something better. I liked the behind-the-head "street
style" headphones that came with my D-EG7 Discman, but they got
uncomfortable after a while. I attributed it to being pack-ins, and I
ordered a pair of MDR-G63SPs. They sound good, and the short cord really
_is_ MD-friendly, but they also got uncomfortable after a while. So I
broke down and ordered a pair of MDR-E888LPs. I was hesitant to spend
the money, but I had read lots of good things about them. When they
arrived, I was astonished at how good they sounded, and they're
comfortable, too. The only drawbacks are that they don't have real
powerful bass (not wimpy either, but more bass would be good), and they
don't hang on real well when I'm doing something active. So when I do
yardwork or such things, I wear the G63s; they hang on well and I'm done
before they start getting uncomfortable.

The "brainshaking bass" of the EX70s sounds tempting, though
in-your-ear-canal designs tend to make me feel slightly nauseated; I
don't know why, and y'all probably didn't want to know about that,
besides. And I've heard good things about the clip-on-your-ear Q33s,
too, but after spending $35 for the G63s and $70 for the E888s I won't
be buying any more headphones for a while anyway. Though some
noise-cancelling headphones would be nice for when I mow the lawn...

   2
 [)  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 |\  http://rsquared.firest0rm.org/