* "Taky Cheung" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Sun, 31 Dec 2000
| Sony MDS-PC3 has an optical output. Can I use it to copy digitally to
| another MD? or, I need to copy to PC first and then MD?

That depends on the MD source.  If it is marked "SCMS Ultimate" then you
cannot make a digital domain copy from it.  Commercial audio CDs are marked
"SCMS Penultimate", allowing for one digital copy, which is marked
"Ultimate" and cannot be copied in the digital domain[1].  But if you make
an analog copy of that CD to MD then the MD is marked "Penultimate"[2] and
one digital copy of it can be made.

[1] Without an SCMS stripper, anyway.
[2] IIRC.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \