I'm looking for some purchase advice. There are a lot of models, and it's
difficult for me to decide on which to buy.

This is what I want to record:

ambient sound, from the city to the sea.
So I don't care about digital inputs, and I don't care about extended play.

What seems important for my situation:

1. Best possible sound (i.e. good A/D converters)
2. Small size
3. Long battery life

Please advise. I don't want to spend money for features I'll never use, but
I want high-quality guts.

        Yves Jaques
Technical Writer     FIDI
FIDI - room F-216
United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation
viale delle Terme di Caracalla - 00100 Roma - ITALIA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel. : (39) 0657056058        fax.: (39) 0657052476

        Please visit our web site at:
HTTP://WWW.FAO.ORG/FI <http://www.fao.org/FI>