I am somewhat of a newbie to md usage. I have had a  Sony MD
portable(MZR91)for several months which I use primarily for recording
old-time music at jams and workshops.I was recently  given a Sony CD/MD
deck(MXD-D3) which I like very much. Copies of CD to MDs are a snap but I am
perplexed on how to   make a copy of an MD from one unit to the other. Both
components have optical in but no optical out receptacles. Does this
preclude me from making a copy or can I do this through an analog
connection.? Are copies made through an optical connection of better
quality. Would there be a significant advantage to upgrade to a deck with an
optical out for the purpose of making superior copies. Bruce