Dan Scellen wrote:

> No, no.  You missed my point.  If I buy a stereo that has no subwoofer out,
> but has an analog out, will it sound as good (or the same) if I hook up a
> subwoofer to the analog out?  I would probably get some cable that converts
> 2 RCA stereo jacks to 1 mono jack for the sub.

You would need too use a Pre amp out on the reciever  - a record out is
no good as its not been attenuated by the volume control.

If its like most stereos, there is no buffer stage on the outputs, so if
you tie them together with a cable you may find that you make everything
mono.

Some standalone subs dont seem to put any low pass filter on the line in
- you dont want the thing reproducing freqs about about 120-150 Hz, or
its a dead giveaway where it is located.