I think that I wasn't clear in what I was asking.  I was not asking why analog
looks better (film that is).  What I was wondering is how they are able to copy
film to video and it still looks better then video?

In order to copy film to video, wouldn't there have to be some kind of device
that was similar to a video camera to capture the images??  Once you go from
film to a CCD should you end up with quality that is no better then shooting
with a video camera in the first place??

But that isn't the case.  Film transferred to video still looks better on TV
than video.

This is one that puzzles me??

Larry