This was the first time that I heard of a module to make a something THX
certified.  THX is a set of specifications established by Lucasfilms that a
piece of audio equipment must meet in order to get the certification.

But there must be more to it than that because my receiver which is THX
certified has a special setting for listening to THX movies.  I think that
it may have something to do with the equalization.  Because THX is not an
encoding/decoding scheme.

When I get a chance, I'' do some web hunting and see what can be found about
THX.

Larry