Taky Cheung wrote:

> Just would like to ask anybody on the list how do they record MP3 to MD thru
> digital optical cable?  Do they use WinAMP or any better playlist control
> program? Does track mark recorded probably? Do they have to add a couple of
> seconds silence in order to have the recorder to split the track? Thanks

I have a Zefiro ZA2 soundcard with an optical out (along with coax
S/PDIF and XLR AES) that I run into my MZ-90.  I usually use WinAMP,
with the output plugin where you can specify the time between tracks.  I
find that 3 seconds between tracks reliably puts start IDs at the
beginning of MD tracks.  HOWEVER, I also get a few 0 length tracks too.
Probably due to glitches in the digital stream when the ZA2 has nothing
to play.

I have also heard that the Zoltrix Nightingale with Optical upgrade is
an excellent soundcard for optical in/out.  It is a PCI soundcard (the
ZA2 is ISA) and it only costs $40.00 including the optical upgrade.

-steve