[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The news is that IBM found out what those purposes were yet continued to deal
> with the Third Reich.  If that turns out to be true, you have to acknowledge
> that it makes a difference.

Let's forget about the details of what the Nazis did and just for the moment
acknowledge that we were at war with them and that they did very bad things.  If
what IBM did is true, they helped an enemy that we were at war with!!!

This is a very serious situation.  If it is true, it is no different than if IBM
was making bobs for them to use on us.

I'm not sure that I understood Burger's e mail.  Is he defending them?  If it
turns out not to be true, that is one thing.  But if it is true, this is very
serious.

I don't what to get even further off topic, but there are two factions of Germans
(I'm not saying that there are only two, so don't misunderstand my statement and
start slamming me as to how I could make such stupid generalizations).

One believes that the worst thing Hitler did was fail.  The other are ashamed of
what their grandfathers did.  It's not their fault.  But imagine knowing that you
grandfather was a vicious serial killer who got please out of what he did.

Besides, IBM hasn't done anything to help promote the Mini Disc.

Larry