Someone (I think it was Don Capp) recently was praising their Phillips Expanium.
I was wondering if it has any major advantages over the Memorex MPD8505CP?

The size and weight of both is close (the Phillips is a tenth of an inch thinner,
only 8 hundreds of an inch wider, 8 hundredths of an inch shorter but weighs a
tenth of a pound more.  Same warranty and accessories.

The Phillips is sleeker looking.  But for $70 I can give up a little sleek.

I understand that the original version of the Memorex had skipping problems, but
the revised version is OK.  The Memorex is about $70 less.