On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:30:04 -0800, Peter Jaques <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>how about this modification: buy the radio shack timer & put your TUNER on
>it; set the r50 to synchro-record & leave it in rec-pause. when the tuner
>turns on automatically, the r50 will start recording. then you can use
>david's suggestion to turn the 940 on automatically when the r50's about to
>fill up.

Thanks for the suggestion.  The timer will only do 24 hours and not by day.  I
need to record two hours one day and two the next and I will have to turn both
on at the same time as I'll be away during that time period from time to time.

I could look for a weekly 24 hour timer, but last I looked several years ago
they were in the $100 range.  Which puts me in the range of costs (well, close
enough given the effort involved) associated with buying an LP4 player in the
first place.

Thanks.

-jts