On 20 Feb 01,  8:24PM, John Small wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.  The timer will only do 24 hours and not by day.  I
> need to record two hours one day and two the next and I will have to turn both
> on at the same time as I'll be away during that time period from time to time.

actually, i think my suggestion would still work, depending on when you
leave. say the program is 8-10pm tuesday & wednesday. before you leave, set
the RS timer to turn on at 7:59pm, put the R50 in rec-pause. set the 940 to
turn on at 8pm *wednesday*. this way, every day the tuner turns on at 7:59.
first day, that triggers the R50 to turn on.  second day, the 940 turns
itself on.

this would only work if you are leaving after 10pm monday night. otherwise
the R50 will turn on on the wrong day.

i find the most elegant solution to be the one using the equipment already
available;) who needs to spend more money? this way you can wait on the
mldp portable until their prices come down a bit.

take care,
peter