On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:09:33 -0800, Peter Jaques <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>say the program is 8-10pm tuesday & wednesday. before you leave, set
>the RS timer to turn on at 7:59pm, put the R50 in rec-pause. set the 940 to
>turn on at 8pm *wednesday*. this way, every day the tuner turns on at 7:59.
>first day, that triggers the R50 to turn on.  second day, the 940 turns
>itself on.

Unfortunately the 940 uses only an external timer, not it's own internal clock,
and the RS $26 electronic timer is 24 hours, and selectable by day.

Also I think the R50 will turn itself off after 5 minutes in rec-pause mode.

>i find the most elegant solution to be the one using the equipment already
>available;)

I agree, using the equipment at hand is preferrable!

Thanks.

-jts <Arlington, TX>