Hi,

You guys certainly have a point about the ease of MP3 transfer to CDR/RW
compared to MD. But do remember how many computer illiterates there are out
there. Most of the people in my work can't fill the laser printer with
paper, much less download the latest LAME ripper, sort out a broadband
internet connection and set up Nero to do a disk at once transfer.

I don't think MD is dead here in the UK. Anyone who used to use cassette can
easily deal with the real-time recording thing (it's also analogous with VCR
recording). All the high street electrical stores are packed with portables,
lifestyle systems and decks. Blanks are everywhere.

Having said all that, it does seem childish and pathetic that a technology
which uses random access MO disks can't use some sort of faster than real
time PC integration. In this day and age! Imagine if yo could buy an
internal IDE MD drive for £90, including drag and drop software, MP3-ATRAC
codecs, a couple of those saucy gold blanks...

Cheers

Alan
(Mostly happy with his R900.)