hey guys

I'm probably going to buy the sony mz-r700.. I've been looking on a
bunch of webpages but I can't seem to find what the battery life is..
does anyone know?  any other warnings that I should know about before
buying this?  I know generally it's similiar to the mz-r900..

> from minidisco.org

Differences from MZ-R900: Non-LCD remote, battery is AA formfactor (i.e.
round), does not have 1) double jog lever 2) Joint-text recording
(transferring titles from special CD-TEXT CDs when recording with
special Sony cable from special Sony CD players) 3) date-time stamp
recording 4) Personal disc memory.

I think my only concern is battery life.. I am a little confused.. what
does "batter is AA formfactor (i.e. round)"  mean?  it just uses a
regular AA battery?  rechargable?

video-direct.com and RadarCity.com both have it for $217 in case anyone
else was interested.

also say you were recording something from the net.. is there a
difference if you use a USB pc link.. or just a digital sound card that
has optical out?

aaaah questions, questions.

thanks :)

Lalita