[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Go into Soundforge and make a blank wave file that's 76 minutes long, and
> then make any other 76 minute wave full of any type of song, or sounds you
> want. In 44.1 khz, 16-bit they still take up about 650.

And that's exactly the proof!

If you make a file in Soundforge of 76 minutes long in 44.1khz and 16bits, it'll
be about 650 MB big. Try storing a square-wave of 20khz into this file. It will
get converted into a cosin-wave due to the fack that you can't score any
frequenties beyond 22.05khz in this file! Or beter said, there is no room in the
file to store this wave-form!

What other proof do you want? It's a simple mathematical fact that a square-wave
uses more space than a cosin-wave of the same frequentie.

Cheers,
Ralph <- who was maybee to technical in the first respons.

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE
  "For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then
   something happened which unleashed the powers of our imagination:
   We learned to talk."
                -- Stephen Hawking, later used by Pink Floyd --