> | But two companies producing it does not mean its THE standard for a/v
> | components does it, as there are more than two companies on the face of
the
> | planet, so the tense wasn't incorrect
>
> (And people are complaining about me being disagreeable :).
>
> Truth is, there is only one spec for this sort of thing: IEEE 1394.  So
> yes, it is the (only) standard for high speed a/v data interconnect.  Call
> it Firewire, call it iLink, call it IEEE 1394, it is the standard and has
> been that for 3+ years.  What is happening now is growing acceptance and
> adoption of that standard in the consumer a/v sector.
> --
> Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Happy Fun Ball contains a liquid core,
> Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ which, if exposed due to rupture,
should
> PGP Key: at a key server near you!  \ not be touched, inhaled, or looked
at.

The original mail said this

"A firewire solution would be better off since it is becoming the standard
for a/v components that offer pc connectivity."

Not a mention of high speed, so wouldn't that mean S/PDIF, AES/EBU, TTL, the
MD Deck PC IR controllers, the MDS-PCx controllers, even Line Out is PC
connectivity, which works with most a/v equipment, so FireWire is not THE
standard, its A standard

Stuart Howlette