Shawn Lin wrote:

> Thanks, I think Radio Shack might have something that will work for $15.
> Unless of course, you happen to know a cheaper source!  I know Parts
> Express has one for $10, but with shipping and all it could cost more.
>
> Shawn

This seems to be a life long conflict for me.  Whether to buy on  line (formerly
over the phone) and pay shipping or buy locally and pay sales tax.  Sometimes
it's no contest, even with tax and shipping, on line may still be much less.

But then there are the close calls.  Sam's club usually has pretty good prices
on DVDs.  The tax here is 6%.  Sometimes you can find the title on line for
less, but when you add shipping, it is more.

What really burns my ass is when they charge "shipping and handling".
Sometimes you purchase something so light that the shipping should be a dollars
or so, and I but they charge you $7.50 for shipping AND handling.

The have artificially deflated their prices only to make it up in handling
charges.  I hate when Cnet.com gives you a price comparison.  The only way to
find the real lowest price is to contact the company and find out if they charge
tax and what the shipping charge will be.

Lawrence