* las <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Fri, 13 Jul 2001
| Most of the Sony Transformers that I have seen are seem are el-cheapos
| that are made in China.

They're still made to power and charge a specific category of portable
electronics.  The Radio Shack adaptors may work.  But I have also seen them
destroy expensive equipment.  I have personally witnessed one such device
destroy a $1000 MP2100, in spite of the fact that its output voltage and
amperage exactly matched (according to the labels) the power required by
the MP.

I will continue to use and recomend what I know works in favor of what
could be catastrophically bad.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Caution: Happy Fun Ball may suddenly
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ accelerate to dangerous speeds.