Mike Lastucka wrote:

> Getting a bit away from the whole MP3/MD debate, can anyone on the list
> recommend a car stereo that plays MDs /and/ CDs?

If you're in the US, the only one available is the JVC KD-MX3000, and
you can't get it new as it's a 1998 model which was discontinued in 1999
or 2000.  You can get factory refurbs here though http://www.crazyg.com/
I bought one for my girlfriend, and it's a real nice deck.  The LCD is
BRIGHT and readable during the day, it's much better than the Sony
MDX-C7900 that it replaced.

In my car I have a Sony CDX-C90 CD head unit and an MDX-65 MD changer.
This setup works great, and the MD's are easy to change as I put the
changer in my console armrest.  I like the MD changer better as I can
switch discs without digging and fumbling around for the disc I want to
listen to.  I had an MDX-400 4-MD indash changer which I really liked,
but it was unreliable and was in the Sony service center more than it
was in my car.

Shawn