>From: "Michael Hoffman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: MD: Sony Nude EX earbuds vs. new $10 Sony earbuds?
>Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 08:37:30 -0700
>

>Sony MDR-EX70SL "NUDE EX" earbuds
>http://www.minidisco.com/minispecs/sonymdrex70sl.html
>
>See also text at
>http://www.minidisco.com/miniordercool.html
>

>Do the ~$60 Sony Nude EX earbuds sound good?

Better than anything I'd heard before, especially compared to earbuds.

>Does it have Y cable, or asymmetric behind-the-neck cable?

?  The left bud's cord is shorter than the right.  If that makes any sense.

>Is the Japanese version different (short cord + extender, 3 sizes of ear
>gasket)?

DUnno.

>Do they get dirty?

The buds are removable, made of silicone, so you can wash them with
detergent.  They get as dirty as your ears are dirty.  Use a q-tip every
other day and you should be fine.

>Are they easy to insert?

You bet.  Just be careful that no morons yank em out quick.  They seal quite
effectively in your ear canal, so it can hurt a bit.

>Do they block background noise better than earbuds?

I don't hear much at all if they're in and no music's playing.

>Do they have more bass than the $10 Sony earbuds?  (consider low-bass,
>mid-bass, upper-bass, as well as overall bass)

Subjective, really.

>Do they have a good balance of bass/mid/treble?

I'd like a little more high-end, but a simple adjust of the MD unit's treble
level fixed that.

>Do they have smooth mids (equal amount of low-mids, mid-mids, upper-mids)?

Subjective.

>Do they have smooth treble (equal amount of lower-treble, middle-treble,
>and
>upper-treble)?

Subjective.

>Thanks
>-- Michael Hoffman
>http://www.amptone.com/audio/earbud.htm - Earbuds and Headphones, Earbud
>Potential, and Headphone Tips

Personally, I LOVE my pair of ex's.  They sound fantastic, especially when
walking around a downtown area, because they really block the ambient noise.
  Also great for work..