I use Memorex a lot. I used to buy those 20-packs of 74-minute color MDs and
10-packs of the 80-minute ones. I am pretty happy with their performance. I
even use them for live recording (usually 1 80-minute and 1 74-minute disc
per concert). Several years ago I had big problems with Sony color MDs. 2
out of 10-pack refused to record past the certain point on Sony's MZ-R30
(and one of them gave out 10 minutes into a concert I was trying to
record!). Since then I am avoiding Sony. Maxell discs are a little better,
but in my experience, their price/performance don't justify buying them over
Memorex. Now I am trying out the STI Certified discs that Circuit City sells
in packs of 25 for $30. So, I guess, if you don't care how discs/their
packaging look, I would buy the cheapest ones.