On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 17:22 -0800, ext Foster, Dawn M wrote:
> Intel and Nokia will, of course, want to put some budget together
> to contribute our devices into the program :)

Since Nokia produces devices, usually what Nokia does is to provide them
to developers (instead of funds) being
http://www.forum.nokia.com/Developer_Programs/ the default channel.

There were also some activities around maemo.org and specific free
software community events. It's still to be seen how the MeeGo project
affects this non-commercial approach, but it is probable that the
approach will be still based on providing devices (and the means to
distribute them to the right people) rather than funds.

I believe most companies developing end user products will be in the
same situation? Note also that such activities are not always easy to
discuss in public since they are usually related to product launches.

--
Quim