To clarify things:

> The impression I've gotten over the last few months was that Nokia was
> reducing their investment in Qt ...

Some measurable facts beyond personal impressions:

New Qt SDK release today. Currently there is ongoing work for 3 Qt releases
(4.7, 4.8 and 5).

As I'm writing this email, the 25 last contributions to
http://qt.gitorious.org/ have been done in the last 3 hours (if you check
during European office hours you might get all 25 committed in the last minute).

41 positions open today at
http://nokia.taleo.net/careersection/10120/jobsearch.ftl containing "Qt" in the
"Research and development" section. There are more in other areas.

Qt at the center point of the N9 and Symbian releases, and also  announced as
part of the "next billion" strategy of Nokia. Plus all the details provided by
Knut. Plus http://blog.qt.nokia.com/2011/09/12/qt-project/ and the links in
that blog post.

Conclusion: Nokia is pushing Qt probably as fast as a complex collection of
software pieces can be pushed reliably (remember Qt Quick a year ago? Have you
checked the aggressive schedule for Qt 5?). A core mission of the Qt Project
(with open governance et al) is to bring this development further and wider
thanks to the inclusion of other companies, individuals and organizations.

Qt was here before Nokia, Intel etc got interested in it. It has a solid
foundation and a plan forward publicly available. It's an excellent open source
technology and will be available to anybody regardless of the decisions made by
the Tizen project. All the better if Qt can contribute to the success of Tizen,
of course.

--
Quim