I think it's safe to say if Nokia are cooking a Linux based system it will more
likely be based on Maemo/Harmattan principles. Though there is no definitive
information on any of this actually happening and for all we know it could just
be a kernel with Qt slapped on top maybe using X11 or Wayland. But lets wait
and see.

The lack of any public information tells me that whatever they do the ecosystem
is unlikely to be "open" like Maemo and MeeGo are/were.

Thanks, Tom.On 29/09/2011 14:51 Andreas J. Thorvaldsen wrote:
On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:13:15 +0200, Knut Yrvin <knut.yr...@nokia.com>
wrote:
> On Onsdag 28. september 2011, ext Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
>> Is this a joke?
>
> To be blunt Pau Garcia, Kate got it right. Here is why:
>
> Symbian will be supported until at least 2016[1]. As we speak there are

BTW Qt: From Google news it seems Nokia is up to something today.
Apparently a post-Harmattan called 'Meltemi':

     http://www.google.com/search?tbm=nws&q=meltemi

(in particular the WSJ article "Nokia Aims Software At Low-End Phones")

Will Qt be center stage in Meltemi, at least?

Wayland? oFono? ConnMan? Anyone with more info on this?