On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 00:27, Spencer, Bob <bob.spen...@intel.com> wrote:

> My ears were burning and now I know why.  I've read through the
> thread and picked here to jump in for a few comments below.

Great to see you here, Bob.

> Here's some more stuff to throw into the discussion.  We've
> been focusing on the netbook "garage" client with the hopes
> that governance would be clear on how to proceed with process.

I assume "garage client" is equivalent to aptitude/Hildon Application
Manager/...?

Can I request that we DON'T call the gateway to community downloads "Garage"?

  * "Garage" doesn't make me think of car showrooms, it makes
    me think of mechanics. This gives an overly technical
    impression to what will be a source of very high quality
    software.

  * "Garage" has a strong, and long-lived, meaning in the
    Maemo community as site providing GForge/Sourceforge-style
    facilities for the building and management of projects,
    rather than the distribution of them.

  * "Garage" was a term used by Moblin. Adopting it without
    further discussion for MeeGo would seem like once again
    Intel is reusing labels from Moblin directly on MeeGo,
    seemingly short-changing the Maemo community.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:and...@bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/