On 07/07/2010 02:58 PM, Skyles, Greg S wrote:
On July 07, 2010 at 12:34 Glen Gray wrote:

Is there a guide on how to setup a meego OBS yet ? I've a very real need to
build a version that's not tied to Atoms for some older
hardware we support. Performance of the Netbook or Handset UX won't be an issue
as it'll have a custom UX.
This seems to talk to that:
http://wiki.meego.com/Build_Infrastructure/Sysadmin_Distro#How_to_setup_an_Build_Service_locally_for_testing

        -Greg

I was planning to follow this procedure:
http://wiki.meego.com/Build_Infrastructure/Sysadmin_Distro/OBS1.8_setup_openSUSE112

However it says " You need an login to build.meego.com to execute this script." http://wiki.meego.com/Build_Infrastructure/Sysadmin_Distro/OBS1.8_setup_openSUSE112#Mirror

So, again I ask what is the status of the community OBS instance that was announced? Am I missing something obvious here?

I am not trying to jump on the "is it open enough or not" bandwagon. I am just trying to find a way to actively work on non-N900 ARM platforms. It seems a decent number of people are having a hard time doing this. An OBS open to everyone would help people feel they had a way in.

As I tell our people "a widely perceived problem, whether technical true or not, _is_ an issue." I am not sure we have reached the "widely perceived " criteria but I do know of 4 or 5 people trying to engage here and not getting anywhere.

-- Bill

"Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech."
-Martin Fraquhar Tupper (1810-1889) English author and poet