Thanks Robin for that,

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Robin Burchell <virot...@viroteck.net> wrote:
> meegotouch at least is one step ahead on this, it seems:
> http://apidocs.meego.com/git-tip/mtf/class_m_widget.html#a0190cf09ccca7fc23769082b31b54538

For people involved in MTF, what does the following states that are
possible through the event mean:

http://apidocs.meego.com/git-tip/mtf/class_m_on_display_change_event.html#a7763c99cb5844f5999a0b437fd8bfaab

"MustBeResolved
Widget must use viewRect to verify its presence on the display, as
well as of all its children."
How this state is detected by MTF before dispatched?

"PartiallyOnDisplay
Widget is partially present on the display, according to its bounding
rectangle. Widget may still use viewRect to get a more precise (and
therefore more computationally expensive) assertion by comparing it
against its shape, for instance."

Could there be a percentage of how much of the window is on display?
For example, I think it be still nice to have an app drawing until it
gets more than 20% out of view (I now realize this is due to the fact
windows can be moved sideways in MeeGo)

Thanks!

-Sivan