On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 21:01 +0100, ext Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Friday, 12 de November de 2010 20:09:04 Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > can we get some urgency on solving this? adding events for "you're
> > visible" and "you're not visible" ?
> > It's a huge deal for power / thermal savings.....
>
> What event does the WM send? What X event does the app receive?

At the moment mcompositor sends a synthetic VisibilityNotify
(FullyObscured/Unobscured).
The plan was that toolkit would listen to theses synthetic events only,
ignoring the
real (non-synthetic) VisibilityNotifys.  Would be really nice to have
some kind of "standard" for these events since every system has a
different approach.

-Kimmo