On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 09:34 +0100, Patrick Ohly wrote:

> On Di, 2011-03-22 at 08:02 +0000, zoltan....@nokia.com wrote:
> > Option 2 from below would be the cheapest, fastest and least pain path but
> > it's duplicating contacts to tracker. Option 3 would be optimal but
> > difficult,
> > option 1 could also work. Choose one, or suggest something else. Please
> > finish
> > the job you started :).
>
> Option 2 seems like a reasonable approach to me, if we can make it so
> that the call history database is self-contained and merely mirrors the
> subset of the contact data in read-only mode that is relevant for a
> quick list of results, with more details fetched on demand from the main
> contact database.

Keeping Tracker's RDF store in sync with EDS's data sounds like a viable
option that would likely be accepted in the Tracker upstream project.

Tracker already has a Evolution plugin that keeps E-mail metadata in
Evolution in sync. You can find the code for that EPlugin here:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/tracker/tree/src/plugins/evolution

Adapting this plugin to also work in the Evolution UI as shipped on
MeeGo should as far as I know not be very difficult (if even any
adaptation is needed).

The EDS one would have to be done by implementing a TrackerMiner under
for example src/miners/eds, the existing RSS one is a good example to
get started:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/tracker/tree/src/miners/rss/tracker-miner-rss.c

And for a TrackerMiner implemented in Vala, look at the Flickr one:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/tracker/tree/src/miners/flickr/tracker-miner-flickr.vala

I can imagine this miner using EBookView to give live updates whenever a
contact changes in E-D-S, to Tracker's RDF store.

In the other direction can, by listening for GraphUpdated and/or the
Writeback signal, the miner also writeback to the E-D-S store. For an
example on how this would or could work: the Flickr one also writes back
to the Flickr website whenever metadata changes in Tracker first.

Cheers,

Philip

--

Philip Van Hoof