On 1.4.2011, at 19.07, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> Late last year, in the Architecture meeting, we had agreed to include timed,
> MCE, Sharing Framework,
> Non-Graphics-Feedback (NGF), Profiles, and Qt style APIs (QmSystem)
> identified  on the
> http://wiki.meego.com/Architecture as new technologies into MeeGo.  We had
> hoped that all the
> documentation and source code would end up well integrated into the 1.2
> release of MeeGo.
> :
> NOTE: this does not mean that we are removing the packages, it ONLY means
> that we aren't requiring these components
> to be included into each and every product based on MeeGo.

I would consider this a prudent approach. APIs we cannot comfortably commit to,
we should not commit to. And these APIs have not settled yet.

However, the functionalities these components implement are quite important for
actual products. I expect we'll see a number of 1.2 based products, more or
less relying on these implementations. Design/review/maturization work on
providing the covered functionalities in a sustainable way - based on these
implementations or others - should start quickly, and consider migration from
the current interfaces, in order not to disrupt the 1.2-based product vendors
too badly.

Disclaimer: I am involved with Harmattan.

Cheers,
- Jussi