As Andrew says, it is a pleasure to finally read this sort of
communication. Thank you Arjan.

On Sat, Apr 2, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Andrew Flegg <and...@bleb.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 17:07, Arjan van de Ven <ar...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>>
> Thanks for circulating this - communication of such decisions is an
> important part of open development, IMHO.

It starts to feel we are stabilizing on the golden path.

> As Carsten asks, it'd be useful for the maintainers - and interesting
> for everyone else - to see the criteria and problems identified.

Indeed, so we can create those wiki pages to engage community contributors.

> However, could you clarify who the "we" is with "we have been
> evaluating" (given the comments from Sakari last time[1])? Also, are
> the meeting minutes going to be published where it was decided?
>
> I can understand not circulating for discussion beforehand; afterall,
> our architect group at work[0] doesn't go for consensus with every
> developer. But we do advertise each meeting before we have it, publish
> minutes and (technically ;-)) people can attend the meeting if they
> feel they have something to contribute.

I would love to see us hold the meetings in the public, accepting one
feedback per subject from randomly selected developer , and then allow
community to watch meetings and see the decisions being made. So I for
instance, could follow those meetings and blog or publish a writeup of
all the technologies discussed, their issues preventing from making it
to core, and engage community in helping. (as an example)

> I think the same level of process is (at a minimum) required in MeeGo
> to allow participation of others in future; and people won't
> contribute if they don't see a way in.

++1

-Sivan