On 2 May 2011 15:55, jeremias bosch <jeremias.bo...@basyskom.de> wrote:
>> Rotation of the VKB is handled inside meego-qml-launcher.
>>
>> (Yes, this means that right now, you'll need to write your application to
>> function from the launcher, but that isn't really too terrible, even if a
>> more generic solution would be nice.)
>>
> Indeed, with a security system - which iiuc  (well the youtube
> presenstations are quite old, so maybe this have changed) is based on
> permission manifests for binaries / libs -
> the detail of just having one single meegotouch based binary wont work so
> well here.

Well, I never said it was my solution of choice, but it's not a
terrible one, for now. But no, it won't conflict with security I think
since the DRM-based stuff seems to have been more or less scrapped.

> What you can do is having a meegotouch based qml application like the
> viewer. But well.. loading a 100 mb lib into ram for rotation of the vkb and
> getting its size is - even when its shared, maybe not the best idea.

It doesn't use MeeGo Touch, but it is a single binary. The relevant
code is at
https://meego.gitorious.org/meego-ux/meego-qml-launcher/blobs/master/src/launcherapp.cpp#line278

(The M::OrientationAngle enum has been copied. I think a nicer
solution would be for it to use QOrientationReading's enum, but that's
probably for the future.)

--
Robin Burchell
http://rburchell.com