Though I agree with most of what you're saying, I think a lot of app
developers, at least the professional kind, will probably end up using
pure QML based UXs tailored to their apps. MeeGo/Qt/Harmatten Components
I suppose give certain developers/applications the ability to camouflage
themselves into the UX, which is indeed a good thing, and, if this is
only really happening on the QML layer, then it's arguably not a huge
deal as it should just be the thin UX layer on top of the proper
application code, whether in Python, JavaScript or Qt/C++, etc.

  I think from my perspective, I'd probably be writing several QML UXs
for my apps anyway, one for tablets (large screen) and another for
handsets, the main reason being, though a perfect UX designed in QML
could be scalable across all screen dimensions. Separating the paradigms
into seperate QML UX profiles is just a lot simpler and probably a lot
less of a time investment.

  That being said, Qt Components & MeeGo UX Components should really be
combined, and I hope they do. As I understand it Harmatten UX and MeeGo
Touch UX are essentially the same thing. It's just the recent MeeGo UX
Components have nothing to do with MTF, this will make theming double
the effort, where as using Qt Components, which should be using
MTF/Harmatten theming, means that 1.2 MeeGo is at least compatible with
Harmatten if Qt Components is used ...

But yeah .. Very confusing :(