On May 9, 2011, at 4:01 PM, Michael Hasselmann wrote:

>>> Never heard of this. AFAIK, the scene graph doesn't even exist as an API
>>> yet.
>>> What's your source?
>> I believe http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/05/09/thoughts-about-qt-5/
>> should help answer that question.
>
> It mentions a *vision* that Qt will be less QWidget centric. It does not
> say that QGraphicsView will be deprecated.
>
> We should be more careful with such unfounded speculations, really.
>
> "In future version*s*" could be 10 years from now, for all we know
> (given it took 5 years from Qt 4 to Qt 5 already, the latter not being
> there yet). You really think you need to prepare for that right now?

That (Qt5) is a vision with timeline. It's not 10 years, it is 1+ year as you
can read from the blog.

These are big and complex things which need long cycles to be planned and
communicated correctly. That's what we (MeeGo) are doing now. And not saying do
MTF apps now and then say year later that use something else.

So yes, we need to start the preparation now.

-sakari