On Tuesday, 10 de May de 2011 11:29:09 Sakari Poussa wrote:
> > "In future version*s*" could be 10 years from now, for all we know
> > (given it took 5 years from Qt 4 to Qt 5 already, the latter not being
> > there yet). You really think you need to prepare for that right now?
>
> That (Qt5) is a vision with timeline. It's not 10 years, it is 1+ year as
> you can read from the blog.
>
> These are big and complex things which need long cycles to be planned and
> communicated correctly. That's what we (MeeGo) are doing now. And not
> saying do MTF apps now and then say year later that use something else.

By the way, please note that the Qt 5 objectives are pretty much aligned with
MeeGo's requirements:

Wayland support
Best possible use of GPU integration
QML-based application development (Qt Quick) at the forefront
The rest remaining the same

Also note that, as a binary-incompatible upgrade, Qt 4 and 5 *can* be
installed side by side. They just can't be both loaded into memory at the same
time.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358