On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 01:45 -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> regardless of that, for MeeGo libmeegotouch is not our preferred way
> of
> writing applications, or even a supported one.....
> .... so cleaning that up is a target anyway.

As Meego 1.3 is planned for 6 months from now, that doesn't seem
entirely unreasonable. But we need to make sure that everyone
understands that libmeegotouch dependencies must be removed from
anything that is being proposed as part of Meego. And that work needs to
start now if it has a chance of being done in time.

I'm most concerned with the the Maalit virtual keyboard (Meego Input
Methods). This is a really successful project that's working well,
meeting real requirements. It's being developed in a truly open way - a
side-effect of my company Openismus being the one doing much of the
contracting work for Nokia.

I hope to see some official acceptance for Maalit in Meego 1.3. After
all, it's gotta have a serious input method framework. The libmeegotouch
dependency seems to be the only problem so far. But you need to be loud,
clear and direct to Nokia that they need to devote time to removing that
libmeegotouch dependency from Maalit.

--
murr...@murrayc.com
www.murrayc.com