On Mon, 06 Jun 2011 10:36:22 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
On Mo, 2011-06-06 at 08:41 +0100, Dumez, Christophe wrote:

<snip>

I believe that QtContact IDs are meant be stable across restarts.
Syncing based on the QtContacts API relies on that, for example (both
Buteo and SyncEvolution). We might get away with it with the current set
of apps using QtContacts, but there is no guarantee that it will work
with all apps.

QContactId is just manager uri + QContactLocalId. QContactLocalId should
not be stored by programs, because it can change from one run to
another. For synchronization purposes, you might want to consider using
QContactGuid.

<snip>

Cheers

Adrien