From: meego-dev-boun...@meego.com [mailto:meego-dev-boun...@meego.com] On
Behalf Of quim....@nokia.com
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 12:59 PM
To: fcas...@gmail.com
Cc: meego-dev@meego.com
Subject: Re: [MeeGo-dev] Who will keep pushing MeeGo?

Fernando wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 14:40,  <quim....@nokia.com> wrote:
>> The strategic reasoning behind HTML5 is understandable: it is a general
trend.

> And I personally think that trend sucks. It means throwing away all
existing apps and reconverting them.

The trend of using web technologies to cover the "apps" space is clear and
pushed by many factors e.g. something simple to develop simple features and
compatibility across the jungle of platforms. I actually agree with it.

The questionable trend, that is not even a clear trend, is to put all the
weight in web technologies dismissing the good and powerful native
environment. Apart from few and very bold exceptions, even the platforms
that started putting the bets on web ended up opening the door for native,
and some of them even to "very native". Surely the Tizen architects know
this and I'm confident (but I don't have more info than you) that they will
come up with a sensible web/native approach, regardless of the specific
technologies used.

--
Quim