On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Gabriel Beddingfield <gabrb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 10:20 AM, Michael Hasselmann
> <micha...@openismus.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 10:13 -0500, Gabriel Beddingfield wrote:
>>> With Intel removing the lion's share of those developer resources...
>>> it would be foolish to continue that failed approach.  It sets
>>> everyone up for failure.
>>
>> I feel as if you over-estimate Intel's software development efforts for
>> MeeGo.
>
> Well... MeeGo loses Auke... and that's pretty darn big IMHO.  :-)
>
> I'm not going to bicker over head count or even quality.  You wanna
> support 5 verticals, go ahead.  Make us all proud.  I think it's a
> plan for failure.
>
> <full_disclosure>
> I'm all talk.  At this moment, and for the past few months, I can't
> commit any time to MeeGo (or even Tizen).  But I really dig MeeGo for
> several reasons... mostly the native/Qt API's... so I hope(d) to see
> it succeed as a main-stream mobile OS.
> </full_disclosure>

Heh, I'm honored to be missed already, but, I'm not exactly gone just yet.

Personally, I have about as many unanswered questions as anyone out
there, which is partially why I haven't chimed in to any of the
discussions recently. The other reason is that I've been on a 2-week
vacation :-)

As what this means to MeeGo, I'm not entirely sure and I've been
asking questions. We most definitely have customers that will be
getting part of my time to support their current MeeGo products, so
meego.com isn't about to disappear. What exactly it means for the long
run, and especially for the community, unfortunately I don't know
either. See also the post from Stefano earlier.

I've been asking the same questions as everyone else. If I get answers
back that I can share, I most certainly will. For now, I'd like to ask
everyone to submit questions to Dawn Foster, and keep asking. Answers
will come - be patient.

Auke