Hi, Gib, it looks exactly like the bug that has been resolved in git
commit
https://github.com/stevengj/meep/commit/0640e9f6a2ccfa2a40375a89b5692ebb1fb87efb

Could you check a recent version of MEEP either compiling it from
source (blue box in http://f.dominec.eu/meep/index.html#install), or
installing e.g. from Ubuntu 14.10 repository, where, as far as I know,
it has been updated?

Filip