I don't think you were confused, but I'm wondering where I should get the fixed
code from.
Is this it?  git clone https://github.com/stevengj/meep

Gib
From: Filip Dominec [filip.domi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 19 March 2015 12:05 p.m.
To: Gib Bogle
Cc: meep-discuss
Subject: Re: [Meep-discuss] Frequency-domain solver

Hi, Gib, perhaps I was a bit confused. The fact is that MEEP source
has been fixed by the commit I mentioned, and it was not before April
2014. Therefore if the release 1.2.1 comes from March, it is probably
not fixed (no matter it is currently the latest official release I am
aware of).

I guess you need to recompile, then. I would be thankful for the
procedure that finally works for you, too.

Regards,
Filip