The later struts have a different stub axle angle and
inclination (similar to the 240/260z struts) which
moves the discs and mounting points outward and gives
+ camber if bolted to the 1600 suspension .Because
these struts sit at a more severe angle you can fit
larger wheels with a more modern or FWD type offset,
but to make everything work you will need adjustable
lower s/arms (not enough camber correction through
moving the tops of the struts). I used to run the
toyota landcruiser 4spots too and looked into the
aluminium calipers as well. I was told they only came
out in one year which was 1987 ( I think ) fitted to
Landcruiser and 4runners and were recalled by the
factory for some reason. This is what I've been told
and I can't be 100%. I always make a point of glancing
over the Toyota 4x4's at the jyard though and have
never seen any in the last 3 years or so
(unfortunately).    

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get personalized email addresses from Yahoo! Mail
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

--membersozdat-------------------------------------------------------
OZDAT Mailing List   Please Note:-
Send (un)subscribe requests to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send  submissions to  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
No unauthorised redistribution of this email
http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/index.htm
http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/listindex.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to