> I think I get it.  So if I'm passing in the array of memcached IPs via
> a web.config, make sure they are in the same order on all load-
> balanced machines.  e.g.
> web1 = localhost, web2
> web2 = web1, localhost
>
> @Kevin: Is the hashing algorithm you mentioned something I would have
> to implement myself, or a feature?  I was going to use the enyim
> Memcached client in .NET 2.0 http://www.codeplex.com/EnyimMemcached/
> but I could be swayed.  I was also going to try out the session state
> provider http://www.codeplex.com/memcachedproviders

The client library will handle hashing your key for you. In the case
of Enyim, it seems to use Ketama hashing (which is a good thing).
>From the website...
"supports consistent hashing for keys: a specific item goes to a
specific server every time. (based on libketama,
http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2007-April/003834.html)"

Essentially get/set with the key of your choice and the library will
take care of the rest.